My Links

To view more of my work please visit www.lauragrimmerphotography.com

Wednesday 13 April 2011

I Wan'na Be Like You ...

It's our last day in Borneo and we are spending it at the Sepilok Nature resort in Sabah. Which is right next door to the orangutan sanctuary. At 10am and 3pm you are able to watch from a feeding platform the orangutans getting their daily bananas and other fruit. Opened in 1964, the rehabilitation centre is for rescued baby orangutans from either logging sites or having been kept as pets. When they are old enough and trained to survive in the wild they are release back.

Jenny - Have a wonderful time. I would love to see your photos when you return. Please forward on your details as I couldn't access your profile.



7 comments:

  1. I am so envious of you, it all sounds fantastic and I love these photos. Enjoy the rest of your trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful photos and really interesting to read a bit of the background! Save travels and enjoy the rest of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic photographs Laura, and thank you for "taking" us with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the last one - that look on her face is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these!!!1 You have a great blog! Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photo's ! Love the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I just love each one. Awesome work♥

    ReplyDelete