My Links

To view more of my work please visit www.lauragrimmerphotography.com

Monday 4 July 2011

Pond Life

I have two ponds in my garden. A new contemporary one built into the decking where the fish are and a very old one which we left for the wildlife. In the summer I can spend ages sitting next to the old pond watching the insects and birds going about their business. If you could have seen me trying to get this shot you would have fallen over with laughter. After persevering I managed to get the frame I wanted. I came to a blank of what type of dragonfly it actually is. I think it looks like a Darter, any help in identification would be warmly welcomed!

4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic macro this is Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so beautiful. What a great photograph. I just love these gorgeous creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb shot. Wish I had a garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful creature. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete