My Links

To view more of my work please visit www.lauragrimmerphotography.com

Saturday 20 November 2010

Getting Creative

It's Saturday morning, nursing a bit of a heavy head from too much wine from dinner last night. What do you do? Go to Leeds Castle for some fresh air and pop in to the Christmas Fair of course! Packed up the camera and off we set. Being a bit grey and dull I thought I'd experiment a bit. I saw this tilt technique in a photo magazine. It would probably work better on an area which had more contrast. Basically all you do is find an area of trees which are tall, slim and uniformed. You need a shutter speed of around 1/30 to 1/8 sec. Compose your shot and focus on the nearest trees. As you take the shot tilt the camera up or down  as smoothly as possible. Post processing was added to create more depth.

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what an effect! And I hadn't had a glass of wine yet ;-) I think that green pops out really nicely - beautiful!
    Did you take pictures at the Christmas Fair? I'd love to see some! Have a wonderful weekend, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exactly the way I would see things if I had also over indulged in the wine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you enjoyed the Christmas fair, this is great, as Andy says it would be the way I saw things too with a hangover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like an earthquake, that's amazing!

    ReplyDelete