My Links

To view more of my work please visit www.lauragrimmerphotography.com

Monday 20 December 2010

Friend or Foe

With the temperatures dropping, more snow and me ending up with a rotten cold. It's not been the best of weeks. I'm in denial about the list of things I need to do. So what better way to spend my time than watching the birds visiting the bird table. They just never seem to stop! Then I spotted something at ground level, large, brown and fury. Yes a rat!! Obviously trying to get a free meal. I couldn't believe my eyes when it started to climb a tree like shrub next to the bird table. I grabbed my camera but me cluttering around scared it off! It didn't come back but whilst waiting a rather smaller cuter little Field mouse appeared. Hopefully Mr Rat won't back back!!

7 comments:

  1. I do hate rats, this is such a wonderful shot, absolutely gorgeous little fellow here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a gorgeous shot, Laura! Hope the rat won't come back! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic shot, and truly, I think he's kind of cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had bird seed out for awhile to feed some lovely parrots but then we got a rat so we stopped putting out the bird seed which is a shame. Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww i'm liking the field mouse!!!! :)
    -Jbenz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shot - our cats would go insane if they saw him!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is kind of cute - I'm very happy the rat ran away, don't know if I could have handled seeing that!

    ReplyDelete